Secluded sites amongst 12 acres of mature trees & shrubs. Plenty of room to be on your own or camp with friends & family. Camping the old fashioned way. Quiet generators are welcome. Pet friendly camp, dogs on leads.
- Wonderful bird life - Bellbirds, Tuis, Wood Pigeons, Fantails & more.
- Waianakarua River is on the camp boundary. Easy to walk with deep swimming holes.
- Bush walks, tramping & hiking in the nearby (1km) Herbert Forest. Map of tracks
- The Famous Moeraki boulders are a 10 minute drive.
- Horse Treks with Sanctum Grove Equine along the camp river (Waianakarua) for beginners or for the more experienced beach or forest treks are available. Rides to suit all levels, from first timers to those who have been riding their whole lives.
- Beautiful gardens in the area.
- Beaches within 5-10 minute drive.
- Penguin viewing at Moeraki lighthouse and at the Oamaru Penguin Colony
- Hunting is allowed with a DOC (Department of Conservation) permit in the nearby Waianakarua blocks. Details are available Here.
- Sea fishing charters available nearby with Sirocco Charters & Moeraki Charters
- The Victorian Precinct , Steampunk Headquarters & Oamaru are a pleasant 20 minute drive.
- Scenic Helicopter flights, heli-biking and heli-hunting/fishing flights from Oamaru with Heliventures
- More visitor information is available at www.visitoamaru.co.nz
Your friendly hosts are Mark & Kim
Phone 03-439-5658 or 027-449-1775
~ CAMP FEES ~
ADULT (non-powered site) $12.50 each
ADULT (powered site) $15.00 each
CHILD (5 -15 years) $7.50 each
CHILD (2 - 4 years) $5.00 each